This BSP provides a basis for development, deployment and execution of Compact 7 based applications on the phyCORE-AM335X System on Module (SOM). For detailed information on the various software components included in the release and how to use them, please refer to the PhyCORE-AM335x Compact 7 BSP-PD13.2.1 EA1 Release Notes#Quickstart.
This Release is compatible with the following hardware:
|BSP Release Version||BSP Release Date||SOM PCB Version||CB PCB Version|
|PD13.2.1_EA1||November 13th, 2013||1358.3||1359.3|
 Due to updated RAM timings different software is required to boot the board. Please use BSP Download 1358.2 images that have a modified XLDR version.
Release PD13.2.1_EA1 can be downloaded from the link below.
Pay special attention to your SOM board revision. Due to updated RAM timings, XLDR for SOM revision 1358.2 (PCM-051-12102F0I.A0) should be download from the link below:
Release PD13.2.1_EA1 should be used in conjunction with Quickstart version L-780e_0:
This BSP Release supports the following components:
- Boot Modes: NAND Flash; SD Card
- UART: RS-232 on UART_0; UART_1
- USB: USB_0-OTG; USB_1-OTG enabled for Host mode
- Ethernet: ETH0 from RMII1 (10/100 Mbit/s); ETH1 from RGMII2 (10/100/1000 Mbit/s). Note: Use of ETH0 and ETH1 simultaneously is not supported at this time.
- SD / MMC: MMC_0 enabled; all other MMC not tested
- CAN: CAN_0 enabled
- SPI: SPI_0 enabled
- I2C: I2C_0 enabled
EEPROM: at24 on I2C_0RTC: RV-4162-C7 external RTC on I2C_0PMIC: TPS65910A3 on I2C_0TSC: Resistive: STMPE811 on I2C0 (device on carrier board); Capacitive: FocalTech FT5306 on I2C0
- Audio: Wolfson Codec WM8974 Line in, Line out, Mic in, Speakers
HeadlessEDT ETM0700G0DH6 TTL (LCD-018-070-KAP)Prime View PD050VL1 LVDS (LCD-017-050V)Prime View PM070WL4 LVDS (LCD-017-070W)Prime View PD104SLF LVDS (LCD-017-104S)Hitachi TX09D70VM1CCA TFT (LCD-011)
What’s Not Supported
This BSP Release does not support the following components:
- Power Management
Fixed in this Release
- SD card: Implement Card detection interrupt
- Splashscreen could now be flashed into NAND Flash through SD Card
- MPU Frequency is raised to 720 MHz
Device hangs after disconnect the Ethernet cableIf the device boot up without connected Ethernet cable it takes 40 seconds more time to boot.
- Boot time optimized
New in this Release
- Headless support
- RAM timing selection support
- Sometimes USB OTG Active Sync is not starting. Reboot is necessary
- Audio: For some reasons Audio is not working at startup
Workaround: Disable the Windows system sounds to get Audio working on running system.
Upgrade and Compatibility Information
To upgrade to a new BSP release, use the Windows uninstaller to remove the existing BSP via Start->Control Panel->Uninstall a program. Then install the new BSP using the Microsoft installer package or executable, e.g., <device name>-Compact7_BSP_Source-PDxx.x.x.msi.
Drivers have been tested with a combination of in-house test cases, as well as with the Windows Embedded Compact7 Test Kit (installed along with Windows Compact 7) where applicable.
For further information or to report any problems, contact PHYTEC Technical Support.