This BSP provides a basis for development, deployment and execution of Linux based applications on the phyCORE-AM335X System on Module (SOM). For detailed information on the various software components included in the release and how to use them, please refer to the Quickstart.
This Release is compatible with the following hardware:
|BSP Release Version||BSP Release Date||SOM PCB Version||CB PCB Version|
Release PD12.1.1 can be downloaded from the link below.
Release PD12.1.1 should be used in conjunction with Quickstart version PD12.1.0:
This BSP Release supports the following components:
- Linux Kernel: 3.2
- NAND Flash: Bootloader, Kernel, Filesystem
- NOR Flash: Bootloader, Kernel, Filesystem
- UART: RS-232 on UART_0; UART_1
- USB: USB_0-OTG enabled for Host mode; USB_1-OTG enabled for Host mode
- Ethernet: ETH1 from RMII1 (not stable above 96 Mbit/s); RGMII2
- SD / MMC: MMC_0 enabled; MMC_2 used with WiFi; all other MMC not tested
WiFi: TiWi R2 on MMC_2
- CAN: CAN_0 enabled
- SPI: SPI_0 enabled
- I2C: I2C_0 enabled
EEPROM: at24 on I2C_0PMIC: TPS65910A3 on I2C_0RTC: RV-4162-C7 external RTC on I2C_0; PMIC TPS65910A3 RTC on I2C_0
- Audio: Wolfson Codec WM8974 Headphones, Mono out, Mic in, Speakers patch available upon request
- Display: Prime View PD050VL1 LVDS (LCD-017-050V); Prime View PM070WL4 LVDS (LCD-017-070W); Prime View PD104SLF LVDS (LCD-017-104S); Hitachi TX09D70VM1CCA TFT (LCD-011)
- Graphics: OpenGL binaries under TSPA license
What’s Not Supported
This BSP Release does not support the following components:
- Bluetooth: TiWi R2 on McASP1/UART_1
- Power Management: Standby and suspend-to-RAM
Fixed in this Release
- Increased NAND speed in barebox
- NAND boot issues in MLO
- BSP compiling issues
- Barebox mounting SD Cards when not booting from SD Card
New in this Release
- RTC: PMIC TPS65910A3 RTC
- Display backlight control
- When booting from SPI-NOR Flash the booting environment is used from NAND instead of SPI-NOR Flash
- ETH1 - PHY0.0 is not found
Workaround: Ethernet Cable must be plugged into X12 before Linux is booted
- BSP Build Errors (iproute2) - ptxdist-2012.03.0 go results in md5sum error due to a path change in file download.
Workaround: Download iproute2-2.6.39.tar.gz from an alternate source (Here) and place it in the phyCORE-AM335x-PD12.1.1/src directory.
Upgrade and Compatibility Information
To upgrade to a new BSP release, simply delete the old release and extract the new release in its place.
Drivers have been tested with in-house test cases.
For further information or to report any problems, visit the PHYTEC Community or contact email@example.com.